Clean the World Global, Inc
Director of Human Resources
Clean the World is a social enterprise with the mission of saving millions of lives around the world. We distribute recycled soap and hygiene products from more than 8,000+ hotel and resort partners to children and families in countries with a high death rate due to acute respiratory infection (pneumonia) and diarrheal diseases (cholera) – which are two of the top killers of children under 5.
Clean the World accomplishes its mission by collecting and recycling discarded soap and plastic amenity bottles from participating hospitality partners. Through the distribution of these and other donated hygiene products to impoverished people, help prevent millions of hygiene-related illnesses and deaths every year.
63 Million Bars of Soap Distributed since 2009
8,000 + Hotel & Resorts Partners
127 Countries Served by Clean the World since 2009
Ready to Make An IMPACT?
We are currently hiring for a Director of Human Resources.
Plans, directs and organizes human resources and employee relations programs to enhance employee morale, ensure benefit and compensation levels are equitable, and programs comply with current legislation relating to human resources administration, employee relations, compensation, benefits, recruitment, and training. The position reports to the COO.
1. Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and insures staff awareness and compliance.
2. Develops short-and long-term planning for all Human Resources-related functions.
3. Plans, directs, organizes, and executes the Human Resource functions including employee relations, compensation and benefits, employment, records, and training and development consistent with objectives.
4. Facilitate New Employee Orientation.
5. Serves as Human Resources representative in high-level discussions, negotiations, and meetings.
6. Develops and monitors Human Resource budget consistent with company and department objectives.
7. Consults with management for handling employee relations issues.
8. Responsible for a variety of human resources matters within the company including recruitment, hiring, discipline, training and development, payroll, and other related activities.
9. Ensures organization is following all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in the areas of Human Resources and employee relations.
Education and Experience:
1. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Human Resources Management, Business, Public Administration, or closely related field and ten years of varied human resources experience in a management or supervisory capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Leadership, discretion, and personal effectiveness.
2. Understanding of business strategies and how HR supports those business strategies.
3. Technical and functional expertise in federal and state regulations regarding employee relations.
4. Conflict management and problem solving.
5. Maintain dual focus of employee advocacy and policy enforcement daily.
Environmental and Physical Conditions:
1. Office environment
2. Monday - Thursday in the office. Fridays Flex days or remote.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Clean the World Foundation complies with all applicable laws.