Clean the World Global, Inc
National CSR Sales Manager
Clean the World is a social enterprise with the mission of saving millions of lives around the world. We distribute recycled soap and hygiene products from more than 8,000+ hotel and resort partners to children and families in countries with a high death rate due to acute respiratory infection (pneumonia) and diarrheal diseases (cholera) – which are two of the top killers of children under 5.
Clean the World accomplishes its mission by collecting and recycling discarded soap and plastic amenity bottles from participating hospitality partners. Through the distribution of these and other donated hygiene products to impoverished people, help prevent millions of hygiene-related illnesses and deaths every year.
63 Million Bars of Soap Distributed since 2009
8,000 + Hotel & Resorts Partners
127 Countries Served by Clean the World since 2009
Ready to Make An Impact?
We are currently hiring for a National CSR Sales Manager.
To increase sales by reaching out to any type of group, meeting, convention, fraternal organization, and other prospects, that either has historically incorporated CSR into their events, or will consider incorporating CSR into a future event. Once it is determined that such an event will be considered, the
CSR Business Development Manager will be able to present the benefits of selecting the Clean the
World options over other CSR options. This includes consultative selling, coaching clients on best practices, project managements, and monitoring multi-tiered implementations.
This position also serves as a support role in client health to provide ongoing growth results by ensuring key metrics are met. This position reports to the Director, CSR & Events.
1. Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
2. Analyze potential client relationships for the programs offered by Clean the World.
3. Provides information for management via short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
4. Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners, discovering and exploring opportunities.
5. Creates, plans, and implements CSR campaigns and major CSR events including speaking and presenting to large groups of attendees.
6. Seeks to acquire new business opportunities as well as uncover potential growth opportunities within the meeting planners and event planning industry.
7. Seeks out key decision makers and develops working relationships across partner business entities, departments and brands.
8. Delivers presentations to multiple levels within client organizations highlighting event benefits, best practices, and general information on Clean the World.
9. Participates in planning meetings with clients and contribute ideas to the overall strategy and ultimate mission / client delivery.
10. Represents CTW and industry at business functions.
11. Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to role and organization.
12. Work with high level of detail and execution by providing service, analysis, reporting and accountability to customers.
13. Achieving the organization's overall strategic goals and contributing to the sales and profitability requirements of the business.
14. Work in partnership with colleagues across the CTW network to delivery exceptional standards and quality of service.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field and a minimum of three years of experience in sales and account management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Proven work experience in product management.
3. Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
4. Meeting/event planning experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Proficiency in Salesforce and Microsoft Software.
2. Demonstrate outstanding judgment, flexibility, superior client service skills as well as frequent, unsolicited, and positive feedback from client.
3. Demonstrate high level presentation skills as well as the ability to manage partner needs via CTW
4. A BIG picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
5. Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
6. Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
8. Consistently meets project deadlines as set.
Environmental and Physical Conditions:
1. Work from Home and Office Environment
2. Periodic travel to CSR and industry related events.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Clean the World Foundation complies with all applicable laws.