Clean the World Global, Inc
Clean the World is a social enterprise with the mission of saving millions of lives around the world. We distribute recycled soap and hygiene products from more than 8,000+ hotel and resort partners to children and families in countries with a high death rate due to acute respiratory infection (pneumonia) and diarrheal diseases (cholera) – which are two of the top killers of children under 5.
Clean the World accomplishes its mission by collecting and recycling discarded soap and plastic amenity bottles from participating hospitality partners. Through the distribution of these and other donated hygiene products to impoverished people, help prevent millions of hygiene-related illnesses and deaths every year.
63 Million Bars of Soap Distributed since 2009
8,000 + Hotel & Resorts Partners
127 Countries Served by Clean the World since 2009
Ready to Make An Impact?
We are currently hiring for a Finance Manager, with CPA credentials.
Responsible for the monthly General Ledger close, Cost Accounting, Physical Inventory, Billing, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable. Scope includes numerous legal entities in North America. The primary dimensions of the role will be managing the day-to-day accounting activities, managing the Financial Reporting and Analysis function, and supporting Process and System Improvements. The successful candidate will be a proactive communicator who can make decisions, execute in a timely manner and own the result. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
1. Perform monthly close – reconcile all Balance Sheet accounts; analyze Income Statement accounts for completeness, accuracy, and propriety of information.
2. Manage Cash daily.
3. Ensure proper classification of all transactions.
4. Ensure appropriate recording of accruals and deferrals.
5. Prepare GAAP Balance Sheet and Income Statement; prepare Actual vs Budget comparative statements at both enterprise and department level. Prepare related analysis as required.
6. Ensure closing and reporting are accomplished in timely manner.
7. Maintain compliance with respect to sales / use tax filings.
8. Manage product costing, material usage and physical inventory variances.
9. Establish and maintain records retention program.
10. Implement and maintain standard cost system.
11. Establish and maintain Fixed Asset ledger and tracking system.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university is required plus a minimum of 5 years work experience in progressively responsible accounting management positions.
2. Minimum of one year experience with mainstream payroll application (ADP, Paylocity, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. High level proficiency with MS Excel, QuickBooks, Multiple entity, and inter-company reconciliation. High Proficiency with Microsoft Business Central Dynamics.
2. Salesforce or similar CRM, and experience with international transactions.
3. Solid understanding of revenue, strong Cost Accounting and Financial Reporting.
4. High sense of urgency.
5. Conscientious about timeliness and quality of work.
6. Comfortable with sleeves rolled up and in the details.
7. Strong work ethic, and strong personality.
8. Strong sense of personal responsibility for results.
9. Strong personal ethics and integrity.
10. The ability to function at a high level, independent of direct technical supervision.
11. Ability to handle conflicting priorities are necessary.
Environmental and Physical Conditions:
1. Office Environment
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Clean the World Foundation complies with all applicable laws.