Clean the World Global, Inc
Clean the World is a social enterprise with the mission of saving millions of lives around the world. We distribute recycled soap and hygiene products from more than 8,000+ hotel and resort partners to children and families in countries with a high death rate due to acute respiratory infection (pneumonia) and diarrheal diseases (cholera) – which are two of the top killers of children under 5.
Clean the World accomplishes its mission by collecting and recycling discarded soap and plastic amenity bottles from participating hospitality partners. Through the distribution of these and other donated hygiene products to impoverished people, help prevent millions of hygiene-related illnesses and deaths every year.
63 Million Bars of Soap Distributed since 2009
8,000 + Hotel & Resorts Partners
127 Countries Served by Clean the World since 2009
Ready to Make An Impact?
We are currently hiring for an Accounting Clerk.
Responsible for the management of the daily operations and strategic objectives of the Company’s purchase to pay cycle through design, implementation, maintenance and management of all accounts payable business functions and procedures. This position processes a large volume of transactions and as such needs to be efficient, detail oriented, organized, and accurate. Proactive communications and follow-up are essential to the successful performance of this role. There will also be cross-training with the Accounting Manager (but otherwise, AR is not a part of this role). The Accounting Clerk will report directly to the Accounting Manager and Controller.
· Process set up of vendor accounts in accounting system with appropriate contact information
flag 1099 eligible vendors, obtain and maintain W-9’s and other documents in vendor master
files as appropriate.
· Respond to all vendor inquires, past due notices and other correspondence within one
business day, document response.
· Proactively communicate to vendors on past due payments, missed payments, and requests for extensions. Raise urgent vendor issues to supervisor immediately.
Maintain Purchase Order System
· Check purchase orders for completeness, appropriate item-level detail, mathematical
accuracy, and authorization.
· Maintain schedules of purchase orders awaiting approval, and purchase orders approved but not invoiced.
· Review weekly and follow-up as necessary on outstanding approved purchase orders.
· Match invoices to purchase orders, receiving documents, and other supporting documentation as appropriate.
· Ensure invoices are recorded timely, accurately, and to the appropriate GL account (s).
· Process vendor payments via check, card, or bank transfer as appropriate.
· Receive and process expense reports.
· Ensure sufficient support is provided for all charges in accordance with policy.
· Ensure appropriate approval (s) are in place.
· Ensure unbilled vendor liabilities are appropriately accrued (rent, utilities, received but not invoiced materials etc.).
· Develop and maintain accrual schedule, prepare reversing journal entry at month-end.
· Reconcile accrual accounts at month-end.
Payables Ledger & Reporting
· Review AP ledger for accuracy twice per month.
· Ensure payments made outside of AP system (e.g.credit cards) are posted accordingly.
· Maintain schedule of priority payments, and review priority daily for completeness and accuracy.
· Monitor AP aging and communicate to management past due balances.
· Maintain daily cash requirements forecast.
· Process payroll.
· Maintain appropriate ledgers and reports.
· Prepare and enter payroll journal entries, ensure wages, commissions, payroll taxes and other expenses/liabilities are posted timely and to the correct GL accounts.
· Monitor bank accounts daily, ensure payments and debits are posted to accounting system.
· Ensure assigned bank accounts are reconciled by 5th workday of each month.
· Ensure purchase orders, vendor invoices, supporting documents, and AP check copies are retained in accordance with policy.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field plus 5 years of experience in the accounting field.
· Consideration will also be given to applicants with an Associate degree and at least 8 years of experience in the accounting field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Demonstrated proficiency with: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and other accounting software. Adobe software products and Salesforce.com or a similar case/project management systems/CRM Systems.
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
· Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
· Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
· Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division quickly and accurately.
Environmental and Physical Conditions:
· Currently a hybrid role. 32 hours a week in an office environment. 8 hours a week remote.
· Analyzing data.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Clean the World Foundation complies with all applicable laws.